Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Funny

Every time I get a new batch of beer in the fermenter and the CO2 from the process starts pumping into the room (neatly or otherwise..ha ha) I find that I really enjoy the smell.

I also remember someone commenting (a parent maybe?) ages ago after some nights of sloppy beer drinking that the place "smelled like a brewery."

The thing is, stale beer stuck to the floor and the fresh aroma of brewing beer don't really smell the same to me. I guess it could be the fact that in the past, the kind of beer that was likely to induce a spill-riffic party type atmosphere was much less malty and rich than the beer that I am brewing these days. If that's the only difference, I'm glad I don't brew light lagers because that smell was not as enjoyable as the one I get now. Not that I could get my beer as clear or delicate as one of the super-big boys anyway.

Either way, my place smells like a brewery and it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment