After arriving at Karp's very near closing on Saturday I was rushed in getting the things I needed and decided to eschew hunting down the appropriate tubing for myself. So on this batch of stout, I have opted to go for an airlock alone.
Poor choice.
OK, not everywhere. I did have the foresight as I always do to put my primary in a heavy duty contractor style garbage bag (visible in the picture.) This does two things for me. First it keeps the light out and second, contains any spills caused by my foolish decisions.
I don't have beer pooling on my floor so I've got that going for me. It'll just take a little extra effort to make sure I don't make a mess when I rack to the secondary. It also makes me think about how I'd like a bigger sink. It's going to be a pain to clean in the bath tub.
I'm not worried though. The small foam over today will likely be over later tonight. I'll end up with a slightly higher final gravity than I was aiming for but oh well. Next time I'll buy the stupid tube.
Nothing to do but have a beer and not worry.
No comments:
Post a Comment